Browsing All Posts filed under »Direct Actions«

It’s beginning to look a lot like May Day…

February 28, 2013

0

Dear Fellow Workers, Comrades, Brothers & Sisters, Compañeros y Compañeras, Friends, Allies,and Observers as well as everybody else, In the past 18 months, the workers of the world have risen up against globalized capitalist exploitation on a mass scale we have not seen in many years. The fall of Mubarak in Egypt was seen as […]

Daytona Beach General Assembly endorses OCCUPY FAST FOOD (Daytona)

September 2, 2012

2

-Occupy Fast Food (Daytona)- Fast food workers are some of the most disenfranchised and abused workers in our economy. Low wages, irregular hours and ever changing schedules, unsafe conditions, lack of bargaining power, (AND sometimes working while sick) make fast food work insecure, dangerous, and soul-destroying. For many communities in the greater Daytona Beach area, […]

UPCOMING CENTRAL FLORIDA ACTIONS & EVENTS:

July 26, 2012

0

July 27 – Critical Mass Daytona Beach, Meet at City Island Library at 6:00 PM, ride at 6:30 PM, potluck dinner after ride (bring a dish to share). July 27 – Orlando Critical Mass: July Critical Blast!, Meet at 5:30 PM, ride at 6:00 PM, Loch Haven Park/Orlando Science Center, 777 E. Princeton St., Orlando […]

UPCOMING NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL DAYS OF ACTION & SOLIDARITY:

April 24, 2012

0

April 25 – 1T – Day National Day of Action Against Student Debt – day that student loan debt in the U.S. will top $1 trillion April 26 – 2 Month Anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s Death – RIP Trayvon April 27 – Critical Mass Daytona Beach – Meet at City Island Library @ 6:00 PM, ride […]

APRIL ROUND-UP

April 24, 2012

0

Occupy Daytona Beach’s General Assemblies (GAs) are held at the SE corner of International Speedway Blvd. & Beach St. every Saturday at 4:00 PM & on the first & third Tuesdays of the month at 7:00 PM. GAs are open to all who would like to attend and participation in direct democracy is encouraged. This […]

MARCH ROUND-UP

March 31, 2012

0

Reminder: Occupy Daytona Beach’s Tuesday night General Assemblies (GAs) have moved to Sweet Marlay’s Coffee Shop. GAs are held on the first & third Tuesdays of the month at 7:00 PM at Sweet Marlay’s (214 S. Beach St) and every Saturday at 4:00 PM at the corner of ISB and Beach St. (at the base […]

Dear Students; Occupy the Student Debt Crisis

February 1, 2012

0

There is an upset in the socio-economic classes in the US. Such an extreme that in fact only 1 percent of the population is in the upper class consisting of select individuals and big corporations earning more then 350 thousand dollars a year. The other 99 percent of the population is falling further behind every […]

Mic Check, Mic Check 1, 2, ROMNEY!!

February 1, 2012

0

Upon arrival in Ormond Beach FL, his first stop in beautiful sunny Florida, Mitt Romney was given a warm mic check welcome by Occupy Daytona. It was January 22nd when slightly fewer than twenty of Occupy Daytona’s occupiers infiltrated Mittens’ rally with over two-thousand attendees. The brave few endured horrible country music such as Toby […]

JANUARY ROUND-UP

February 1, 2012

0

Occupy Daytona Beach completed 42 hours of round-the-clock Sidewalk Solidarity over New Year’s weekend. Starting at 5:00 pm on Friday, December 30, at the corner of International Speedway Blvd. (ISB) and Nova Rd., about 5 occupiers were present. As the evening went on that number grew to around 12, about 9 stayed through the night. […]

OCCUPY Congress on Jan. 17

December 28, 2011

0

Why January 17th you ask? The U.S. House of Representatives convenes for the first time in 2012 on January 17th. We can’t wait until the weather gets nice and everybody has the day off. We need to be there en mass as soon as they begin their legislative session to let them know that they’re […]

36 Hours of Sidewalk Solidarity

December 27, 2011

0

Occupy Daytona Beach completed 36 hours of round-the-clock Sidewalk Solidarity at the corner of International Speedway Boulevard and Nova Road, in Daytona Beach over Christmas weekend. Sidewalk Solidarity started on Friday, December 23, at 5:00 PM and lasted until 5:00 AM on Sunday, December 25, when Occupiers had to vacate the corner due to rain. […]

No Permit? NO PROBLEM! Shifts of Sidewalk Solidarity!

December 24, 2011

0

Over the last few weeks we have worked with the Daytona Beach City Commission in regards to asserting our Constitutional rights of assembly, redress of grievances, and free speech. Through our continued cooperation and work with the City Commission, they have changed the …permit fee system to a tiered system based on percentage of park […]